One of the best features of the new Facebook Timeline is the Photo Cover. The Cover is a tribute to previous generations love of photography and photo albums, and how these photos tell a story or date the importance of an event. The Cover Photo resides at the top of your Timeline; it is a large banner type mural that basically is an advertisement of yourself.
Facebook is now giving it’s millions of users the opportunity to be creative and artistic with their own Covers. So “how do I make my own Facebook Timeline Cover” you might be asking yourself. Well, please read on.
With the advent of the Facebook Timeline Cover comes a slew of editors, makers and generators to make it easier for you to create, customize, edit and upload your cover to your Facebook page within seconds or minutes. Most of these editors require no downloads, software or programs to install. The only thing they mostly require is to allow permission so they can log in to your Facebook account to upload your newly created Cover Photo to your Timeline photos
NEW! Here is a more updated link to 13 more editors and generators with detailed descriptions, links and pictures of the editors. Just click on the link below.
I’ve written several posts listing many websites where you can download many pre made Timeline Covers, banners, and photos. For this post I decided to stick just with the editors themselves and I linked directly to them. So without further ado here are 5 top Facebook Timeline Cover editors or makers.
1. timelinecoverbanner.com-one of the premiere Facebook Cover Photo editors out there they have a blank background Facebook Timeline banner maker with some paint/drawing tools on the left. You can upload a photo or background image and use their tools to edit or add to your cover. The text tool allows you to choose a font, size and color. Brush shapes and line styles can be chosen. You can even insert a graphic into your personalized cover. You can also choose from a large inventory of already pre-made Facebook covers that can be freely edited. Finally, you can also add funny emoticons, scrapbook art and banner frames to give your cover a unique touch.
2. myfacebookcovers.com-this link will take you to their create cover page. Just upload your cover picture from your own collection of pictures. Here you can use a few editing features like scale, stretch width and height, rotate and add background colors. Just create your cover, log into your Facebook account and upload it directly there. Go to change cover and your done.
3. faceitpages.com- This site is free to join and mainly targets business Facebook Timeline covers and other types of Facebook pages. When I entered my email address (yes I entered it and there was no hassle) and within seconds I was already messing around with their editor. This is a reputable site that has plenty of tutorials and even has live support. Click on the Create Timeline Cover and you can either choose a layout or upload your own custom background image. You can add a little bio and upload a logo or image with the website’s url right on the cover. You then can preview the cover where you’ll have the options of editing the already made cover or installing the cover to your Timeline.
4. addacover.com-has an advanced Facebook Cover generator that allows you to upload your photos, backgrounds or graphics. You can edit your cover, preview it, make changes and easily upload it to your Facebook Timeline.
5. coverphotomagic.com-the on-line app lets you make cool customized Cover photos, pictures for your Timeline. You need to allow Facebook log-in to get to the editor.
This site has a cool collection of pre-made Timeline cover templates that you can use for your Facebook Covers including some of these interesting ones:
- country side
Related Facebook Timeline Cover articles on the Tweeting blog: