Finding the 11 hidden books throughout the Chapter moments in Pottermore was another feature I enjoyed immensely . These 11 books are hidden in both easy and hard to find locations in various Chapter moments while another 8 books are on the shopping list found in Diagon Alley which can be purchased. When your done searching you should have a total of 19 books in your trunk.
If you are not in Pottermore yet and are anticipating getting in soon you might want to skip this post and come back later if you can’t find some of the hidden books.
This post will focus on the hidden books only inside Pottermore. So where are all the hidden books inside Pottermore? I wrote this post to help people who are experiencing difficulty finding the books or are more or less frustrated that they can’t seem to find all of them.
I’ll start with the ones I believe are a little more challenging to find, especially using the click, zoom feature that Pottermore uses to enhance the moments combined with browsing and clicking around, the books in the library, Chapter 12.
- Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century: this one will appear on the first zoom click in the Pottermore library, Chapter 12. You’ll find this one on the 3rd row of books about near the 4th/5th shelf area.
- Notable Magical Names of Our Time: this book will also appear on the first zoom, click, in the library, Chapter 12. You’ll find this one on the 3rd row of books as well near the 2nd shelf.
- A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry: no need to click zoom here in the library, Chapter 12. It’s on the 2nd row around the 5th or 6th shelf up.
- Important Modern Magical Discoveries: als0, no need to click zoom here. It’s on the 2nd row around the 2nd shelf area in the library, Chapter 12.
Check out these cool Pottermore Signatures in the Pottermore Forum Art Gallery. My Pottermore name is CharmSpell199 and this is my signature:
Now here are the remaining 7 books that can be found outside of the library:
- Quidditch through the Ages: the second book you’ll find located in Chapter 9, Flying lessons moment. It will be visible in one of the student’s bags.
- Modern Magical History: this book is located in Chapter 14, Hagrid’s Secret moment, one zoom click and it will be placed on the right bottom shelf.
- Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland: this book is also located in Chapter 14, Hagrid’s Secret moment, one zoom click and the book is located on the right, second shelf.
- From Egg to Inferno, A Dragon Keeper’s Guide: this book is the last located in Chapter 14, Hagrid’s Secret, one zoom click and the book is on the left book shelf 2nd shelf.
- Curses and Counter-Curses: this book is in Chapter 12, Christmas at Hogwarts. No zoom click needed here just look on the bench.
- Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit: this book is found in Chapter 14, The Egg in the Fire. No zoom click needed here just look behind the cup on the table.
- Hogwarts: A History: the final book listed here of the 11 total can be found in the earliest of the hidden book chapters, Chapter 8, Harry’s Early Days at Hogwarts. This one requires a double zoom click. Look on the window ledge.