Christmas decorating and Pinterest go together like Christmas trees and presents; in fact decorating your home for the Christmas holidays has never been more easier and accessible.
Pinterest is like a massive online collection of all those home decorating magazines some of us buy every year so we can see inspiring, colorful festive holiday images and get ideas and tips on how to decorate our home with a particular Christmas theme, style or general interior decor.
I searched carefully through dozens of Christmas related Pinterest pinboards and whittled it down to these top 10 Pinterest Christmas home decorating ideas and themes pinboards.
There are literally thousands of holiday images and decorating ideas presented on these top 10 pinboards. Here is just a small sampling of images and ideas that you’ll find on Pinterest now:
country and rustic Christmas home decorating ideas
mantle display ideas
Christmas card displays
great tree topper ideas
Christmas tree themes and ornaments
free printables and decorating freebies
wonderful garland displays
how to display your Christmas village
easy homemade ornament tutorials
homemade DIY decoration tutorials
festive candles and pine cone arrangements
tips on how to arrange your table
using string lights to highlight furniture
decorate your mailbox
festive entry way ideas
display your various holiday collections
table settings, silverware and china
make a gingerbread house tutorial
decorating with family photos
free printable shipping labels, stickers and gift tags
Christmas light displays and arrangements
ways to display greenery, branches and natural colors
decorate walkway paths
making snow globes, fake snow and paper snowflakes
advent calendar themes
Christmas stockings designs and displays
kids crafts and activities
vintage and retro Christmas decor
The Top 10 Pinterest Christmas Home Decorating Ideas and Themes Pinboards
1. pinterest.com/doxiemama/christmas-decorating-ideas: let’s start with this pinboard with over 600 pins with a lot of variety. Try decorating your home for Christmas with some of these fun and creative ideas: candy peppermint table centerpiece, grinch inspired plant centerpiece, purple and silver themed mini tree, Christmas fire place mantel ideas, white sparkle, rows of color ornaments, old crate filled with logs, pinecones and lights (beautiful idea), holiday nails, 10 different Christmas wreaths, 40 easy Christmas centerpiece ideas, deck the banister, tree topper instructions, urns with pinecones, sticks and lights, DIY placemats, Christmas table arrangements, poinsettia tree, ice lanterns, front door nutcracker arrangement, modern approach to Christmas lights, winter sparkle mirror garland, and festive candles with greenery.
2. pinterest.com/eabronte/christmas-decor: the warm colors of the holidays are overwhelmingly displayed on this board with over 7,700 followers. You can’t go wrong with some of these decorating ideas: cranberry and holly silverware table setting napkin wrap, enchanting branches, Christmas table settings with wreaths and candles from dollar tree, pretty outdoor centerpiece, DIY dollar store Christmas village, lighted hanging baskets for the porch, elegant mirror decor, white roses and lemons centerpiece, birch branches and acrylic icicles, pine wrapped on stair well, ideas for displaying your Christmas village, tree toppers, mailbox decorations and wintry birch box.
3. pinterest.com/ecvpurcell/christmas-decorating-ideas: you won’t be disappointed checking out this fantastic board with over 1,000 pins. There are just too many ideas to list here, but you might enjoy looking at some of these standouts: bell jar with pine cone display, 25 ways to display Christmas cards, table place card ideas, white glass dome with painted pine cones, fruit tree, decorating with red and gold, winter wonderland tree, white winter mantel, festive holiday entry way ideas, gingerbread advent calendar, mini wreaths for wine bottles, Christmas tree topper ideas, outdoor Christmas decorating ideas, wrap a bow around chairs, and window ornament garlands.
4. pinterest.com/ktreasures/country-christmas-decorating: a country Christmas themed Pinterest board with over 1,000 pin images. Give your Christmas a country flare with some of these Pinterest country and rustic Christmas home decorating ideas: rustic slim twig Christmas tree, old outdoor wooden sled display, country jar of twizzlers, natural colored mantel theme, burlap snowman bag, rustic set of mason jars with stripes of burlap, burlap Christmas tree topper, country style gift wrapping, natural color Christmas stockings made from sweaters, stocking boot made from old piece of barn wood, cranberry and popcorn garland, recipes for holiday potpourri old rustic chair with shovel display, frosty the snowman hat Christmas topper, old wooden Christmas card holder with clothespins (great idea), and a unique galvanized bucket Christmas tree along with a collection of other unique trees.
5. pinterest.com/kellylhardy/christmas-decor-ideas: the Christmas decorating ideas keep coming as this board offers up another 675 pins as of the date of this post. Here are some more great ideas: pine cone and garland door swag, lantern and greenery ornaments, more glass lantern arrangements, classic Christmas colors fireplace mantle, and all candy cane tree, holiday Christmas lights walkway path decorations, winter village display ideas, tablescape ideas, holly inside little vases with a floating tea candle light (simple and beautiful), breakfast table ideas, 25 gorgeous holiday table setting ideas, 35 beautiful Pinterest Christmas mantle ideas, decorate an unused picture frame, family photo displays, using mirrors effectively with lights, cool ice lanterns, 5 free chalkboard printables, how to make an ice wreath, Christmas lights on an old pick up truck, mailbox decorations, and incredible nativity scenes in glass blocks with lights.
6. pinterest.com/sue_reaney2/christmas-decorating: this popular Pinterest pinboard has over 1,300 pins and almost 5,000 followers as of the date of this post. There is a little bit of everything here. Here are some ideas featured on this board that stood out for me: a beautiful branch tree with hanging ornaments, gold painted branches, how to make iced branches, a tutorial on making a stunning wreath (have to see this), 25 Holiday decor tricks from IKEA, simple decorative door knob, a clever picture frame family and friends photo wreath, wood burning art, painted pine cones, DIY winter pots, DIY make a snow globe with steps, and white snowflakes window decorations.
7. pinterest.com/rebeccalees/christmas-decor: another great pinboard with some wonderful ideas with many keeping to the religious spirit of the holidays. Have a go at some of these: a whole bunch of Christmas mantle ideas, making an advent calendar, Christmas fun check off list (things to do during the month of December), displaying ornaments, advent calendar using the Jesus Story Book Bible, free holiday labels to print including shipping labels, stickers and gift tags, free Christmas printable “Joy to the World”, make a graham cracker house, 53 free Pinterest Christmas printables, many Christmas decorating freebies, wonderful sent suggestions to make the house smell heavenly, graham cracker house steps tutorial, free kids crafts activity ideas, and 100 Christmas stocking ideas.
8. pinterest.com/favoritethings/just-because-i-love-christmas-decorations: still looking for holiday decorating ideas? If you are, then here is another “favorite things I love about Christmas” Pinterest pinboard. There are almost 1,000 pin images; here is a small sampling of what you’ll find featured o this board: hang a Christmas card garland, tutorial on pottery barn garland display, rustic buffet, cool retro ornament set, fun permanent handing chalkboard wish list, how to use greenery and burlap effectively, gumdrop holiday art display, candy land party, other Pinterest Christmas garland ideas, patterns for paper snowflakes, decorate your bedroom ideas, cute vintage Christmas printables, DIY village made from cereal boxes, hanging silver tray on the door knob, retro decorating ideas and last but not least how to make those vintage houses for a Christmas village display scene.
9. pinterest.com/lyndawhite/christmas-ideas-i-love: the pinboards keep rolling with another great one featured here. Let some of these ideas jumpstart your inspiration: clip on canlde holders (I like these, very quaint), trifle dish arrangement of candy canes, decorate a ladder with lights and greenery, epsom salt snow candles (another great idea), make a paper holiday tree tutorial, a snowman ornament tutorial, mini food sausage wreath, download free printable gift tags, Gooseberry Patch printable tags, decorate your Kleenex boxes, another great Christmas card display ideas, DIY cone trees to display around the house, and stocking silverware holders.
10. pinterest.com/ritamay/christmas-decor-diy-crafts: I’m rounding out this list with a mixture of DIY do it yourself homemade Christmas decorations and other decor of all types. Great for those on a small budget, those on no budget or for those who love art. Here are some featured suggestion pins with links to tutorials and “how to” steps to guide you along: make old ornaments wrapped in twine, DIY Christmas star for your home, 3 hours burning fireplace videos for those who of course don’t have a fireplace, vintage flash card tree, red and white pipe cleaners turned into family member name place settings (great idea), and order an ornament to look just like your house (clever idea).
Enjoy! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.